Carnival of Los Cristianos 2020
The town of Los Cristianos, in the municipality of Arona, is having a new edition of its international carnival. This year, under the slogan ‘The God With a Thousand Faces’, it will take place from 12 to 23 March. The theme will be tradition and avant-garde: dreamlike characters from the Far East and a lost past where tradition takes on a thousand forms, puts on a thousand faces.
· The programme includes a wide range of activities, targeted at various audiences:
· the Carnival Krewes Competition on 13 March;
· the Wig Party/Day Carnival and the Opening Parade on 14 March;
· the Krewes Meeting on 15 March;
· the Carnival Queen Pageant on 19 March;
· the Carnival Drag Queen Pageant on 20 March;
· the Day Celebrations on 21 March;
· the Burial of the Sardine as a closing event on 23 March.