Carnival of Santa Cruz de Tenerife 2020
Carnival is Tenerife’s most popular festival, especially in the capital, Santa Cruz de Tenerife. This year, the Carnival theme will be American lifestyles in the 1950s.
For about two weeks, starting on 19 February, the streets get filled with joyous bunches of people in colourful fancy dresses. Carnival activities include:
· the Carnival Queen Gala (19 February);
· the Opening Parade (21 February);
· the Rhythm and Harmony Krewes Contest (22 February);
· the Day Celebrations (23 and 29 February);
· the Big Carnival Parade or Coso Apoteosis del Carnaval (25 February);
· the Burial of the Sardine (26 February);
· the Afilarmónica NiFú-NiFá Concert and Big Fireworks Show (1 March).